Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 
The last post - (on this subject)

9:30 - Currently cooking a batch of Ultima Pasta E Fagioli soup from the Bean Cuisine folks. Yes, I know I have dedicated too much web space to this product and I promise that this is the last post. I also want to get back to cooking out of my cookbook collection. However, since the nice folks at Reily Foods Company sent me a free bag of Bean Cuisine, I felt I should do it justice and write up my experince with pictures. You can find Bean Cuisine at your better markets or online at: http://www.luzianne.com/

The directions call for:
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
3tsp. garlic, minced (6 cloves)
3 cups water
3 14.5 oz cans beef broth
1 tsp. salt (optional)
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
Grated Parmesan cheese
In a large stock pan, heat oil and saute veggies and garlic. Add water, broth, beans, tomatoes and spice packet contents. (The spice packet is the magic part of this product!) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 1/5 to 3 hours or until beans are tender, stirring frequently. Add pasta (also included) and simmered covered until cooked through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese. Yum - yum.

9:55 - The soup is on for a long 2 1/2 hours of simmer. Then sometime late tonight, I'll take it off the stove cool it down and save the finale step of cooking the pasta tomorrow for dinner. Afterall, who wants soggy pasta? Stay tuned!

What are you tasting?,
Edna








Comments:
Bean Cuisine is a great bean soup mix. I tried several and liked them all. I haven't seen it in a long time. I probably still have some in the pantry though. Good stuff!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?