Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

Product Love

I found a new soup product that I need to write about. It is called Bean Cuisine. It's a cellophane bag with a mixture of bean, dehydrated veggies, and seasonings. But the best part is what is NOT included - SALT! I like soup on a winter's day but hate all of that salt in the canned varieties. Have you ever looked on a label of Campbell's Tomato Soup? One can is just about all of your daily requirements, and what if you add in a grilled cheese sandwich or other meals. Our American diet has too much salt in it. Bean Cuisine is unique that it allows the cook to add only the about needed for flavor. Each package cooks up enough soup to feed a family of 6. I found a small display at my locale grocery store, stopped by the reduction of price ($2.70 from the normal $4.99) , then looked at the ingredients and was bowled over by the lack of salt. I bought just one, the White Bean Provencal soup. It was easy to assemble the raw ingredients in this case, onion, celery, wine and two chicken breast. I sauteed the veggies, added the beans, and the rest of the ingredients. Two hours later my family was raving about this soup. Simple, hearty and delicious. I made a special trip to my grocery store the next day and bought 10 more bags. This time, I purchased the Thick as Fog Split Pea, Ultima Pasta E. Fagioli, Island Black Bean and a few more of the White Bean Provencal. I made the Island Black Bean soup two nights ago which was met with raves, even by my 2 yo. The soup was spicy without being hot. I used a ham shank, cut into bitesize pieces for the meat and keep the chilies out since my young son would be eating the soup. Instead, I put out a few bottles of hot sauce out for everyone to use. What a delightful product. Tonight, I will be making the Thick as Fog soup and will be sure to write about it later in the week. I swear by these products. You should be able to find the soup in your better markets however, I did find the company's website where you can order it online: http://www.luzianne.com Use the menus to navigate to the soup section and then click on the Bean Cuisine links. Happy soup making!

What are you tasting?
Edna

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?