Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Finally, I think I have a reason to create a blog - cooking and travel. Something that I love to do and spend a great deal of time thinking about. From this point on, this Blog will be about my cooking and travel adventures as they relate to food. I hope you find it interesting and entertaining.

Last night I bought a new cookbook called The Silver Spoon. The book is very heavy with over 1200 pages, in full color and added features like two page marker ribbons. The Silver Spoon is an Italian cookbook much like the American Joy of Cooking book and is often given as wedding gifts. At first glance, the recipes and direction seems to be very simple. Almost too simple for an experienced cook. Also, even though the book is touted as the bible of Italian cuisine, I found recipes for Russian and French dishes. Much like how we would find those very same recipes in our general American cookbooks. Anycase, the book is handsome and a welcome addition to my collection which is has very much under-served Italian cookbook section. This weekend I plan on cooking two dinners from the book to test it out on my family. I'll be sure to clue you in on my progress.

You are what you eat!
Edna

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?